The Ultimate Pecan Praline Recipe
The Ultimate Pecan Pralines
Yield: Approximately 15 Pralines
Total Time: 35 Minutes
1 cup – white granulated sugar
1 cup – light brown sugar
1 1/4 cup – heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. – vanilla extract
1 tbsp. – unsalted butter
1 1/3 – cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp. – salt
Bowl of cold water
1. Measure out all the ingredients before you begin.
2. On a low temperature, preheat the saucepan. Coat saucepan with butter and add the cream.
3. Add the white and brown sugars and stir with a whisk.
4. Add the salt and increase the heat to medium-low. Continue stirring with the whisk.
5. After a two minutes, increase the head to medium. The mixture will start to boil. Remember to keep stirring! Continue to cook for 7-10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
6. A great way to check if it’s ready is to drop a small amount into a bowl of cold water. If the drop keeps its shape, you’re ready to go to the next step. If it flattens or dissolves, keep stirring and test again in a minute.
7. When ready, remove from heat. Quickly stir in the tablespoon of butter and add the vanilla extract. Stir in the pecans.
8. Spoon out pralines onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Wait for them to harden and dig in!